We believe in the truths of Christianity as revealed in the bible. These include….
- The Holy Bible is God’s living, inspired word and is central to all we believe and do as a church.
2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons – The Father, The Son and Holy Spirit.
1 John 5:7, Matthew 28:19, Luke 3:21-22
- God is sovereign in creation, redemption and judgement.
Colossians 1:16-18, Hebrews 4:13, Psalms 47:7-8
- The whole of humankind is sinful, guilty and subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12, Hebrews 9:27
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and led a sinless life.
Matthew 1:20-21, 1 Peter 2:22, 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Sinful human beings can be saved from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death and shed blood of their substitute, Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:24, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 4:12
- Jesus Christ conquered death when He rose from the dead
1 Corinthians 15:20-22, John 14:1-3
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and by faith, trust in Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:11-12, Romans 6:23
- One universal church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong
Acts 2:41-42, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, 1 Peter 2:4-5
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory
John 14:1-3, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17
Baptism by immersion
Upon an individual’s personal confession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, baptism symbolises that a person has died to a life of sin and been raised to live a new life of holiness in Christ.
Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:1-4
The Lord’s Supper
Through which believers remember the Lord Jesus in accordance with his instruction by taking bread and wine, symbolising his body and his blood.
1 Corinthians 11:23-26